Content marketing has been a buzzword for quite a while now. So long, in fact, that now marketers are starting to get antsy, looking for the next big thing. Which way will the pendulum swing?? What’s trending for 2019? After all, if we’re not on the cutting edge, we’re going to be left behind!
But hold up there, partner. Not so fast. No need to panic.
There’s still plenty of room left for content marketing to grow. And in fact, when used correctly and consistently, it’s just as effective as ever. But don’t take our word for it – check out the stats that back it up:
- 77% of internet users read blog posts.
- 70-80% of search engine users only focus on organic results – you know, the ones brought in from SEO – that is, content.
- According to the Content Marketing Institute, content marketing gets three times more leads than paid search advertising.
- 74% of companies find that both the number and quality of their leads increase when they introduce content marketing strategies.
The numbers add up – and what they tell us is that not only do people still engage with internet content, but businesses are finding the results of their content strategies to be significant.
But the question remains: what on earth is next?
After all, even the most effective strategies will stagnate over time. So now that we know content marketing is still valuable, perhaps the question we should be asking is, how do we keep it fresh, engaging, and compelling?
The answer, quite simply, is to think beyond the blog.
Exploring the Realm of Video
We’ve reached a new era, people. Millennials currently make up the largest chunk of the workforce, and Gen Z is hot on their heels. These are two incredibly tech-savvy generations, and they rely heavily on internet content to direct their purchase decisions. But what’s more, the way these generations consume content is unique.
Because of the rapid advances in technology, these generations and even society at large have become more geared toward digesting information that is visually and auditorily stimulating. Only 20% of people will read text on a web page – but a whopping 80% will watch a video. This statistic shows exactly where consumer preferences lie when it comes to assimilating content. And it definitely checks out – because whenever we were given the choice in grade school to read a textbook or watch a movie, didn’t we always choose the video?
Thus, for 2019 you may not need to overhaul your entire content strategy to see more results. Instead, think about expanding your content formats to reach that vast audience that would much rather invest their time in a one-minute product video rather than forge through a 1000-word blog post.
A Formula for Video Success
Now, before you start uploading random pigeon videos from your phone (despite how hilarious they may be), remember that all content marketing requires strategy. Approach it with a plan, and distinct goals in mind. Otherwise, you’re just sending videos out into the ether with no way to gauge their effectiveness.
Start with the basics. Ask yourself questions like:
- What goals am I trying to achieve? Am I trying to generate new leads, or convert current ones? Or a combination?
- Where am I going to publish my video content? Will it be across social media platforms, or will it be exclusive to my website? Will it be gated or open-access?
- What types of content do I want to feature? Examples could include interviews, industry news, behind-the-scenes footage, product features, and highlights, etc. The possibilities are endless, so get your top creative minds thinking of ideas!
- Who will be creating, editing, and producing my content?
- How often do I plan to release new video content?
- What tools will I use to track and monitor my video’s engagement and effectiveness?
These types of questions will get you thinking strategically about video content and help you come up with a hard plan for achieving your objectives. At the end of the day, video content is so much more than just entertainment – it should be working to build brand awareness and revenue!
Don’t Wait to Be Great
The quickest way to ramp up a content marketing strategy is by introducing new, fresh content – and today’s audience has made it clear that they love video. So give the people what they want, and boost your marketing tactics through the power of visual media.
And if you’re not sure where to start, contact the video content marketing experts at The frank Agency. From concept to creation, our team has years of expertise in developing heavy-hitting video content that attracts, engages, and converts – and we can do the same for you.