Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist
We conquer the marketing challenges others don’t! Be a part of the solution and you’ll benefit from:
- An inspired group of professionals that know how to secure regular success and let lose
- Up to 10 Paid Holidays every year plus your Birthday
- Ample Vacation and PTO so you can keep yourself centered and focused on the important things in life
- Affordable, industry leading Medical benefit options with Prescription coverage
- HSA and FSA – Medical and Dependent Care options
- Widely accepted and cost effective Dental and Vision plans
- Company paid Life/AD&D insurance with an additional Life/AD&D insurance option
- Company paid Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP) covering legal, family planning, financial services, and emotional support
- 401k and ESOP with company contributions
- Accident Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Discounted Event Tickets, Health Club Membership, and a whole lot of in-house PERKS!
Let’s talk if you’re a data driven, online marketing fanatic who’s paid and organic marketing strategy kicks butt! Apply now for this local SEO position.
Our SEO Specialist manages content strategy, link building and keyword strategy to increase rankings on all major search networks. Also manage all SEM campaigns on Google, Yahoo and Bing in order to maximize ROI.
Strategize, orchestrate, and implement client and internal SEO initiatives, including performing both onsite and offsite SEO tasks.
- Work in tandem with the account team to ensure strategy is aligned with client objectives. Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal teams and agency partners.
- Understand the client’s search needs and to help build better brand presence across the search engines.
- Interpret internal and client SEO data (rankings, conversions, Google Analytics, etc.) and strategize solutions for continuing onsite and offsite SEO improvements.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Research and analyze competitor advertising links
- Knowledge of how blogging, press releases, social media, and related strategies go hand-in-hand with SEO
Research and identify keyword opportunity and develop projects around them that will help increase keyword rankings for the client.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Use Web analytics software to collect data and recommend how to increase keyword rankings in the search engines based off of that data.
- Functional understanding of HTML and CSS
- Perform technical SEO audits and META data updates (examples include TITLE TAGS, META DESCRIPTIONS, HEADING and ALT tags)
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code
- User experience (UX)/lead funnel analysis and recommendations.
- Using testing software, test page element/structure changes to improve conversion path.
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine marketing
Develop and execute natural link-building strategies via content strategy, social media and partnership development.
- The ability to work with back-end SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata, site speed optimization, and related skills
- Proven success in link building and viral strategies
- The ability to deploy an effective local and long-tail search strategy
- A deep understanding of mobile strategy and how it relates to SEO
Work with creative and account service teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming.
- A solid grasp of how blogging, press releases, social media, and related strategies go hand-in-hand with SEO
Produce client deliverables in a timely manner including periodic website analysis, performance and keyword reports.
- Perform competitive analysis and report on findings.
- Passive monitoring of brand mentions for the client that could impact search traffic.
- A background in creating reports showing web analytics data and site evaluations. Utilize Excel to develop complex formulas and produce client friendly reports.
- Create custom reporting through Google Analytics, Google Console, Raven Tools, and other popular SEO tools for ongoing analysis of website traffic
- Creation of monthly SEO, and website traffic reports for all assigned for clients
Mirrors TfA’s centric values:
- Works collaboratively and inspires a sense of cooperation
- Strives for success daily
- Emphasizes detail, accuracy, and quality in their work and the work of others
- Suggests clever and innovative ways to create company successes
- Hardworking and dedicated to both internal and external clients
- Constantly learning and bettering self though traditional and non-traditional methods
- Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
Special Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or communications (other degree areas will also be considered).
- In-depth knowledge of keyword research.
- One to three years of web experience.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, programming language and blogging.
The right SEO Specialist will thrive on a fast-pace digital marketing team, will be a detail oriented strategist, and have the desire to learn cross-functionally. They will always be up on their marketing trends and take a global perspective in their outreach.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be and accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
The frank Agency is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.